Services and Information
I enjoy working with clients to provide information they need for positive decision making.
This information is provided to give you a basic understanding of the services I provide to clients. My main services are:
- Information organization and management
- Evaluate and improve information services through systems and workflow analysis
- Review Library and Information Center processes and procedures in order to suggest improvements and updated efficiency
- Relationship development through social media (training and managing) for business development and customer relationship experience improvement
- Relationship development with the Bay Area law library community
- Contract negotiation support
- Work with clients to develop knowledge management systems that work for their organizational environment
- Work with your staff to improve customer service
Jaye A. H. Lapachet, M.L.I.S. is a consultant and professional law librarian. I have worked in law firms and law libraries since 1987, and was an information management consultant for 8 years. I have set up databases and workflow systems in numerous libraries and am an expert at identifying ways to streamline workflow. These projects have included a variety of database projects, technology implementation, training programs and department reorganizations. I have written for a variety of publications and speak at conferences. My strengths are out of the box thinking and idea generation. I feel that the identification of information assets, followed by the organization and successful reuse of those information assets is critical to the ongoing success of an organization as whole.
I have a solid understanding of information organization and management, I understand the concepts around records management and have an understanding of the legal market and legal technology. As a consultant, I also have project management skills.
Specialties: Systems analysis, workflow analysis, idea generation, out of the box thinking to generate solutions
Work: Rates vary depending on the project, including the duration.
Travel: Travel expenses are charged at cost (e.g. no surcharge on plane tickets or hotel). If all day travel is required, rate is $100 per hour for 8 hours only. Mileage is charged outside of San Francisco, San Mateo and Alameda counties for the entire trip at standard IRS rates.
Download the information sheet.
I work to understand the unique project you bring to me, therefore rates, length of project and steps are customized to meet your specific needs, thus:
- This document is informational and subject to change.
- A formal proposal will be prepared upon request.
- Signed proposals comprise the full scope of the work to be performed.
- Invoices are due and payable without exception upon receipt. Work will cease with an outstanding balance (30 days or more) of $500 or more.
- Work will take place both on and off site as determined by consultant.
- Hourly estimates are estimates. If work does not take estimated time, hours are not charged. If work is anticipated to take longer, the client will be contacted.
- I may use a third party for billing and collections at my discretion.